Monday, April 29, 2013

"Gone With the Wind" sets up an inner conflict within me. At first I could not decide whether or not I liked or disliked the movie because some of the characters drove me crazy. For example, Scarlet and her constant need to have Ashley's love and not realizing she had something incredible right in front of her with Rhett. Or just how annoying Prissy the house servant's voice was. However, as the story progressed you learn to love the characters and start to develop feelings towards them. What made this movie so great was the fact of its excellent filming and editing for a film shot way back in the 1930's. The music was excellent and it really captured the emotions that went with the scenes. Also this movie is known to be the longest movie up to 1939 and was the first movie shot in Technicolor. Being completely honest with myself the movie was actually surprisingly good. However, I say this because it was one of those movies that suck you into the story and makes you want to slap the characters (Scarlett) for being so stupid and I feel if a movie is able to fill you with these emotions, it could be considered a good movie. Usually I am not one for romantic movies but I do love the twist at the end with Rhett ends up leaving Scarlett because that is what any sensible man would do. However, I have heard that there was a sequel to this story written in book form and also projected through a T.V series. There was never a proper sequel to this movie. I thought it was excellent for a movie shot in the 1930's and deserves to be watched again (if you can spare almost four hours of your life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment